A fresh new year calls for a new crochet square! This one is called New Bloom and i hope it will be one of MANY designs i create this year. I love a fresh new start and i am really excited about the possibilities and opportunities ahead of me in 2017. I am not sad to see the back of 2016. I didn’t enjoy last year and saying that makes me feel sad, because life is too short not to enjoy every single year, but the truth is, it was a hard year. I always say to my kids that we go through hard times so that we appreciate the good times even more. I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a good year.
So, with that in mind i’d like to share my first charted pattern. Please be kind to me as this is the first crochet chart that i have made and anyone who has tried to do this will know how challenging it can be. I have checked it mulitple times but there might be some errors. If you find any, please let me know. I’ve only included my shorthand instructions this time around – both in UK and US terms.
What you’ll need –
- Any 8ply cotton yarn in 4 colours – Yarn A, B, C and D
- 3.5mm hook
- yarn needle
UK Shorthand Instructions
- Yarn A – (1tr, ch1) 8 times into a magic ring
- Yarn B – (tr3tog, ch3) 8 times into each ch-1 sp
- Yarn C – (tr, ch3, tr, ch1) into each ch-3 sp
- Yarn A – (3dtr, ch3, 3dtr) at the corners, (ch1, 5tr, ch1) at the sides
- Yarn B – (2dc, ch1, 2dc) at the corner ch-3 sp, work 1dc in into each stitch along the side
- Yarn D – (tr, ch3, tr) at the corners, work 1tr into each dc.
US Shorthand Instructions
- Yarn A – (1dc, ch1) 8 times into a magic ring
- Yarn B – (dc3tog, ch3) 8 times into each ch-1 sp
- Yarn C – (dc, ch3, dc, ch1) into each ch-3 sp
- Yarn A – (3tr, ch3, 3tr) at the corners, (ch1, 5dc, ch1) at the sides
- Yarn B – (2sc, ch1, 2sc) at the corner ch-3 sp, work 1sc in into each stitch along the side
- Yarn D – (dc, ch3, dc) at the corners, work 1dc into each sc.