The title, Crochet Kaleidoscope, sums up Sandra Eng’s new crochet motif book perfectly! A wonderful collection of motifs featuring colour combinations that will inspire readers to step outside their colour comfort zone. I have followed Sandra (aka @mobiusgirl) on Instagram for years now. Her book, Crochet Kaleidoscope, is a reflection of her instagram feed in every way – lots of cool colour combinations and geometric designs.
What’s Inside Crochet Kaleidoscope?
Inside you will find a magical, expansive motif library that you will keep on your book shelf for years to come. There are 100 Motifs in a variety of shapes, colours and sizes to try. All organised by shape – Circles, Squares, Hexagons and Triangles & Other Shapes, making it easy to find your desired motif.
At the end of the book you will find 5 home and accessory projects that feature motifs from the book – A table runner, a rug, blanket, shawl and pillow. All practical projects that could be made from any of the motifs.
Shapes and Colours
The book also features a helpful colour guide for those who need a little direction when choosing colour combinations. Shifting shapes and shades is what Crochet Kaleidoscope is all about.
Why you need your own copy of Crochet Kaleidoscope –
1. Jam packed with 100 motifs, plus projects to make.
2. The patterns are written clearly and supported by charts.
3. A range of varying difficulty, which means it could suit a beginner to advanced crocheter.
4. Each motif is supported with helpful notes, to guide you through the pattern.
5. Most motifs are shown in at least one alternate colour way. This is particulary useful because it demonstrates how colour can impact on a design.
My Favourite Motif
I really enjoyed playing with a few of the motifs from the book, but my favourite was the delightfully textural motif #57. Featuring lots of front post crochet, this square is a yarn eater, but so much fun to make.
Where to find Sandra online –
Buy her Book – Crochet Kaleidoscope
Instagram – @mobiusgirl
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mobiusgirldesign/
Blog – Mobius Girl Design