Sunburst mirrors are everywhere at the moment. I love them! I have been admiring a one in a local home decor store for a while now, but the price has stopped me from buying it. I have seen many tutorials online on how to make them, but it just hasn’t been a priority. So, after seeing this little inspiration post from The Painted Branch on Saturday morning and knowing i had some spare time on the weekend, i rushed out to grab the supplies. Other DIYers have used bamboo, sticks, skewers, but I made mine mostly out of chop sticks. Here’s how I did it –
1. Supplies – glue gun, circle mirror, dowel, chop sticks and gold spray paint.
2. Trim dowel to size to create longer sections of the ‘sun’.
3. Glue on the dowel pieces to create the longer sections and guidelines.
4. Glue on the chop sticks in between the segments created by the dowel.
5. Spray three coats of spray paint on the back and front of the mirror.
6. Attach hanging wire and position the mirror on wall. Stand back and admire!
I’m stoked with how it turned out and pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make. I’m going to make a smaller version for RedAgape guesthouse using skewers. And with the colder weather setting in, it’s nice to have a little sunburst inside the house. 🙂