I am always on the look out for new crafty projects, especially those that make use of my fabric scraps. This bow tutorial looked simple enough to do, so i started making some last week. They are totally addictive to make and I’m a little embarrassed to say that i have made over 50 bows! Here are the super easy steps –
2. Fold them in half long ways (wrong side out) and sew along the longer edge.
3. Turn the fabric right side out. I used this handy little hooked tool for the smaller rectangle. Iron flat making sure the seam is in the middle.
4. With the seam on the outside, stitch the short ends together to make a loop.
5. Turn both loops inside out so the seams are on the inside.
6. Pinch the bigger loop to make a bow shape and then hand stitch in place. Now squeeze the small loop over the bow to form the centre.
I’m attaching a range of clips, elastics, and fasteners so that they can be used as hair accessories or bow ties. Here are some that i’ve finished. And below is my handsome model wearing a polka dot bow tie.