If you are finding a stitch to get a neat finish on crochet amigurumi, learn how to crochet a single crochet cross stitch with this step-by-step tutorial. The x stitches of this technique make it dense, and in my view, it looks very appealing. You can also use it for scarves, pillows, dishcloths, etc. So, let’s get started!
Instructions for Single Crochet Cross Stitch
Below you will first find a pictorial guide to cross crochet single crochet stitch. If it does not satisfy you, you can read the detailed written instructions:
Techniques to Know
Before you start, make sure you know how to do all these crochet techniques:
Mode of Working: Round
Written Instructions For Cross-Stitch Single Crochet
- Chain in multiple of 1.
- To create a round, join the last chain you crocheted with the first chain using a slip stitch. For the slip stitch, insert the crochet hook into the stitch. Yarn over and pull up a loop. Pull through the one loop on the hook.
- Round 1: Chain 1 as turning chain.
- Insert the crochet hook into the first stitch (the first chain).
- Normally, we do the yarn over, which means wrapping yarn around the hook from the bottom and pulling it through the stitch. But in the case of yarn under, we push the yarn under and pull this yarn as a loop on a hook. So, do yarn under.
- Pull up a loop.
- You will have two loops on the hook.
- Yarn over and pull through both loops on the hook. You have completed the first cross single crochet for the rounds.
- Now, repeat across the round and join with a slip stitch at the end.
- Keep repeating the row 1 till you get the desired height.
Can I work in Rows Using the Cross Single crochet?
Yes, but it has a slightly different pattern that you can learn from the below tutorial: