Those who are dessert lovers are undoubtedly donuts fans too, but for the health-conscious, this is the perfect inspiration for the next crochet project. So here we are with an amazing collection of sugar-free donut crochet patterns, all in video tutorial format, from the best professionals to guide beginners through all the steps.
Crochet Donut Patterns
These treats will be a delicious addition to the food amigurumi bucket, and little kids will love to play a sweet party with donut coasters and donut amigurumi, Yum! Or take this outside with Donut Key Chains and make your head even sweeter with candy hairpins adorned with mini donuts. These donuts will be customized according to your favorite flavor, so show what you’ve completed with sprinkles or chocolate icing.
The Crochet Techniques To Know:
The Crochet Donuts need to work continuously in rounds and two circular panels with a traditional hole are made and then sew them together. Here is how working in the round is done in the sequence:
- Chain Stitch (ch): This basic crochet stitch forms the foundation chain. The more long this will be, the area of your donut central hole will increase and vice versa.
- Slip Stitch (sl st): This will play an important role as you can use this to join one end of the foundation chain to the other to form a circular hole of chain, and then you will work around outward.
- Single Crochet Stitch (sc): This easy stitch is the most common one, forming a tight, dense fabric that will form the base of the donut, also involving the increase and decrease when crocheting the donut.
- Double Crochet Stitch (dc): This is taller than a single crochet stitch and is often used for the donut’s icing, where slight holes are usually left and less dense fabric is required.
- Increase (inc): An increase is simply adding extra stitches. It’s used to expand the circular shape of our donut using the same basic stitches.
- Decrease (dec): This technique subtracts stitches, helping create a spherical look, and it’s much more crucial.
- Color Changing Techniques: These techniques allow us to switch between various colors of yarn seamlessly.
The Materials You Will Need:
First, let’s gather all the materials we’ll need for the delicious donuts that can add a bit of water to any mouth.
- Yarn: This is always our main ingredient for crocheting. Cotton and acrylic are usually best for the little ones as they are soft, durable, and come in various colors, and are also hypoallergic. They’re sort of like the dough in our yummy donut.
- Crochet Hook: Think of this as your magic wand. We’ll use a smaller hook here as it’s key to giving our donut that perfect round and plushy shape.
- Stitch Marker: This is our guiding star. Amigurumi involves working in rounds, and using a stitch marker will ensure we don’t lose our place.
- Sewing Needle and Thread: These are our embroidery tools. Threads Available in many colors, they will help you join your donut pieces and add a touch of color with sprinkles!
- Stuffing: This gives our donut that cushy goodness on the inside. Make sure to have a bit of this on hand.
Remember, if your pattern calls for specific materials, it will mention them in the description. Happy crocheting!
Ideas For Customizing The Crochet Donuts:
Here are some of the creative ideas to customize your crochet donut:
Sprinkles: Create colorful sprinkles on your crochet donuts using different colored yarns. You can gradually change the colors or use the rainbow pallet yarn. This will really make the donuts tasty to the eyes, haha!
Varied Frosting: Try crocheting different types of icings! Maybe classic chocolate or strawberry pink or of the animal mouths. You could even do multicolored frosting for a fruity effect.
Textured stitching: Use different stitch techniques in addition to the above described to create varying textures on your donut. You could use bobble stitches for raised sprinkles or puff stitches for a fluffy effect.
Different Sizes: Not all donuts need to be the same size! You could crochet mini donut keychains, medium-sized play donuts for children, or even a big donut pillow. Even you can make a donut in different shapes like a triangle and a rectangle, or even in a square.
Seasonal Themes: Customize your donuts according to seasonal themes. Think pumpkin donuts for fall, floral icing ones for spring, or cold and icy ones for the winter.
This crochet donut pattern is a modern take on the traditional but without the mess of frying! The design includes yarn and sizing options and easy-to-follow directions, making this a perfect project for those just learning to crochet. You can add a sprinkle-like experience to this donut pattern to make it look more unique and admirable.
Easy Crochet Cute Donut
Here you will learn how to make this cute little donut, which is also a great baby toy or perfect for hanging on a wall as a decoration. This easy crochet donut pattern is perfect for beginners. The pattern is easy to follow and can be finished in less than an hour.
Crochet Donuts Keychain
Crochet Donuts Keychain is a fun, quick project you can make in under two hours. It’s the perfect beginner project and is designed to be accessible to everyone. I hope you’ll love this beautiful amigurumi also makes a great gift.
How To Crochet Cinnamoroll Donut Keychain
Make this adorable Cinnamoroll Donut Keychain following this easy-to-follow pattern, and it comes with additional clear instructions, color photos, and tips. This amazing video is a great crochet basics tutorial to make cute amigurumi toys using simple stitches. Also, it shows you how to make the donut, sprinkle details, and keychain holes. Use whatever yarn you like or have on hand to customize your creation – it’s fun and easy!
Mini Donut Crochet
If you love mini donuts and want to learn how to crochet your own, then this would be the perfect pattern for you! It’s quick and easy to make with just a small amount of yarn needed. Make someone smile today with your lovable creation! This beautiful crochet pattern is the perfect project for beginners, but anyone wanting to make a statement in their space will enjoy making this miniature donut.
Crochet Donuts And Candy Hair Pins
Crochet donuts and candy hair pins are great for Valentine’s Day. Dress up your tables, create gift boxes, and add a unique touch to your photos. This pattern includes instructions for the donuts and four hair pins: pink cupcake, dark chocolate cupcake, jelly doughnut, and caramel apple.
Crochet Donut Pattern Free
These crochet mini donuts are the perfect thing to make and gift to your family or friends. They’re easy and quick to assemble, making a great weekend project. Each donut takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, and you can use any yarn in any color you want! With so many possibilities for colorful, tasty yarns and acrylics – this is a fun craft for all ages.
Super Easy And Quick Greedy Donuts
Super Easy And Quick Greedy Donuts pattern is a unique way to bring some color and warmth into your home. This fun little project makes 11 donut pillows that are unique and easy to make! They’re perfect for adding character and personality to your living room, bedroom, or kids’ rooms. Children will also love this quick and easy craft activity.
Crochet Amigurumi Donut Coaster
Use this adorable donut coaster to protect your coffee table and mugs. The best part is it’s so simple to make and easy for beginners to accomplish! These are so much fun to make and it’s so rewarding when you bring them to a gift exchange or dinner party because everyone always comments on how cute they are!
Free Crochet Doughnut Toppings
If you love making amigurumi, then you will love this pattern! Make delicious-looking donuts for yourself and your friends, or give them as gifts by following these step-by-step instructional how-to-crochet donut coasters with pictures. This is a very simple but adorable crochet pattern, so beginners can easily make it!!
Beginner Crochet Amigurumi Cheeky Valentines Donut
With this Beginner Crochet Amigurumi Cheeky Valentines Donut pattern, you can let your creativity go wild and make a unique decoration for your house or as a gift. This pattern is suitable for beginners, and it has a clear step-by-step photo tutorial and written instructions. It’s fast to make and is a great stash buster to use your worsted-weight yarn leftovers!
Quick And Easy Crochet Donut
Learn how to crochet a Donut in a matter of minutes! These quick and easy crochet donuts are a great way to use your scrap yarn. You can even add different colors for a fun and colorful look. Watch this video tutorial from start to finish before starting your crochet.
No Sew Donut Amigurumi
This adorable little no-sew donut amigurumi is the perfect crochet project for all ages. It doesn’t require sewing, so it’s ideal for kids who enjoy making toys. You can make it in any color to decorate your sofa or bed, hang it on a bag, or make it into a keychain charm. It’s quick and fun to make; you’ll be done soon!
Crochet Amigurumi Donuts Easy
This crochet amigurumi donut’s easy pattern is adorable and easy to make. You can make them match the color scheme of your kitchen, or house, or even just as an addition to your home decor. Just as long as it is roughly the same weight, you end up with similar-sized splits in your amigurumi.
More Amigurumi Collections:
- 15+ Cutest Crochet Pokemon Patterns: For all the crochet moms of cartoon fans, we understand your search for fun and exciting crochet patterns featuring your child’s favorite mighty characters. So, here is a delightful collection of Crochet Pokemon Patterns that perfectly tap into this love for Pokemon.
- 13 Crochet Giraffe Patterns For Amigurumi Fans: These crochet giraffe patterns range from baby rattles to amigurumi to appliques. These adorable giraffes are great for kids and adults alike, and make them as special gifts for birthdays, holidays, or just because!
- 15 Crochet Teddy Bear Patterns For Kids: These amazing teddy bear patterns allow you to whip up charming and unique additions to your amigurumi collection or gift a piece of your heart to your loved ones.
- 20 Free Crochet Cat Patterns With Visual Guides: Cats are undoubtedly soft, cute, and loveable pets, and they become even more when crocheted into cuddly yarn creations. We’re excited to present a fantastic collection of free and easy crochet cat patterns with easy visual guides, making it possible for beginners to create their own crochet cat.
We have great hope that you loved exploring our collection of crochet donut patterns and that the tutorials were enjoyable to you. Our effort was to give guidance from some of the best crocheters in the easiest steps. If you have any questions or want to suggest, you can comment because our community must be warm and delicious, like the tasty donut.