Want to make your crocheted items extra soft, detailed, and appealing? If so, look at these crochet puff stitch patterns as inspirational ideas and guides to help you learn this stitch, and then use this skill to make many types of yarn creations. All these are super attractive and will come with many variations in that stitch and some combinations of many other stitches, along with puff stitch!
Crochet Puff Stitch Patterns For All skill levels
Crochet puff stitch and its patterns are one of the most popular among crochet enthusiasts due to its special raised texture of balls of yarn in a single stitch. Seems complicated? But all these crochet puff stitch patterns use basic techniques to complete, though it takes a little more time and yarn to complete, especially for large projects!
Since you will find various items in this list along with the learning burden of the puff stitch, we have included video tutorials, too, that will guide you in making everything you select. So keep reading this list of crochet puff stitch patterns!
This is what you will find in this list:
- Puff Stitch Flower
- Crochet Puff Hat
- Puff Stitch Blanket
- Puff Crochet Washcloth
- Sweater With Puff Stitch
- Puff Socks
- Quick Puff Stitch coasters
- Puff stitch tutorials
- Dense Puff Amigurumi
whew! There really is something for everyone!
Fast Guide To Make A Puff Stitch In 5 Steps
Here is how you can easily crochet the puff stitch that matches the double crochet:
- Step 1: To start, yarn over and insert your hook into the stitch or space where you want to make the puff stitch.
- Step 2: Yarn over and pull up a loop. You should be left with three loops on your hook.
- Step 3: Repeat the yarn over and pull up a loop step, working into the same stitch or space until you have increased the number of loops on your hook. Usually, a puff stitch has 7-9 loops on the hook.
- Step 4: Yarn over and pull through all loops on your hook in one motion.
- Step 5: To secure the puff stitch, yarn over again and pull through the final loop on your hook. This creates a chain stitch and locks your puff stitch in place.
Puff Stitch Hat
The first crochet pattern of this post is the Pebble Puff Stitch Crochet Hat which is a modern accessory for fall and winter. Using pink yarn and puff stitch shows a delicate, slouchy design that looks adorable with every outfit. For more slouchiness, all you need to do is add more rows. With sizes ranging from newborn to large adults, this hat is bound to be a cherished addition to your family’s wardrobe.
Puff Stitch Bobble Blanket
This puff stitch bobble crochet blanket beautifully simulates the knit-like texture using the waistcoat single crochet stitch. In chocolate color, it shows a beautiful alignment of bobbles and a ribbed border, creating a massaging and gentle texture. Suitable in any color palette, choose one that suits your interior decor. This blanket has provided warm snuggles for you and your loved ones for years.
Blue Puffs Washcloth
Enhance your dishwashing experience with this crochet washcloth. The broad black border elegantly complements all body colors, introducing an aesthetic touch. While its dense, velvety puff stitch texture provides a combination of practicality and gentleness. It’s superbly absorbent and tender on your skin while being sturdy enough to face stubborn stains. So, why not start making it today!
Crochet Puff Sleeve Sweater
Get yourself ready for the summer and spring with this crochet Sweater. The charming top boasts a cropped style, oversized sleeves, ribbed cuffs, a flattering V neckline, and bright yellow edges. Quick to work up, it employs the delightful lemon peel stitch for the main body and the enjoyable v stitch for its sleeves. Whether you are pairing it with a long skirt or pants, it is sure to gather compliments!
Flat Puff Stitch Socks
Crochet these Puff puff-stitch socks and prepare to spend your winter season in style! Enhanced with the line a puff stitch and made in red color, they are perfect for everyday or Christmas wear! They are designed to be flat and look only cover your feet, not your ankle. Making them perfect for those who do not like ankle coverage. Although they may seem complicated, the process involves crocheting a basic rectangle and sewing it into a sock shape!
Fancy Puff Trivets
Protect your wooden table from stains and heat damage with this crochet Trivet. It shows a beautiful floral design having a hexagonal shape. The small size is perfect for making a charming rug for your mugs, while its larger counterpart is designed to house significant pots. Plus, with the help of a large thread-like leather strap, you can hang it conveniently!
Polar Puff Coat
The Polar Puff Coat, with its roomy sleeves adorned with tiny puffs, promises cozy warmth akin to a warm hug. It’s perfect for frosty days or working at home with a hot cup of tea. Made from Lion Brand Fleece Sherpa Yarn, it is soft and quick to work due to its jumbo weight and treats you to a stunning Sherpa-like finish. Its design allows for easy row-counting and stitch tracking, masking errors gracefully. In short, It’s a piece you’ll love to crochet and wear.
Puff Ripple Stitch
Learn how to crochet the Puff Ripple Stitch, which is fairly simple and suitable for advanced beginners. It can be used for various crochet items like dishcloths, blankets, shawls, fingerless gloves, and scarves. This stitch adds a ripple effect and also makes a raised puff texture to add details to your crochet projects. Moreover, The tutorial shows step-by-step guidance and visuals for a smooth and quick process!
Mandala Pretty Puffs Blanket
Have a look at this free pattern for a puff stitch crochet baby blanket! The blanket starts from the center and expands out to make a modern rainbow look with a self-striping ombre yarn. Its one-round stitch is delightfully simple, and it adds a soothing texture to the blanket. While ideally made for babies, its design and softness suit other uses, too, like a stylish throw or a comfy lap blanket for adults.
Curry Puff Amigurumi
Be creative and infuse your love of food with your love of crochet into this petite and cute masterpiece. This lovely and unique creation comes live under the skilled hands of a crochet lover, replicating the appearance of a savory curry puff. A perfect project if you’re looking for fun or whimsical amigurumi designs. This crochet curry puff is also an excellent conversation starter.
How To Crochet A Textured Patchwork Puff Pillow
You are going to love the comfort and charm of this crochet pillow! Its puffed and raised color blocks give you a relaxing and cozy feel, just like a cloud, and because of its colors, it will be the star of your decor. Whether it’s nestled on your sofa, displayed on an accent chair, or a snuggle buddy on lazy afternoons, this pillow brings exceptional elegance and comfort. So, watch the video tutorial and start making it today!
Super Easy Crochet Puff Stitch Beanie
Get ready to create your own Crochet Puff Stitch Beanie with our super-easy video tutorial! It features a slouchy and soft texture created by just a puff stitch and a single crochet stitch. The super easy cap, requiring just about an hour, is designed to fit everyone. So, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced one making this crochet hat is going to be a fun activity for you!
Crochet Puff Flowers
Welcome the enchantment of Crochet Puff Flowers! This video tutorial teaches you to make puff flowers to add a pop of colors to your crochet projects. Ideal for blankets, headbands, bags, or cute wall decor, they inject an irresistible whimsical charm. Making these puff flowers is enjoyable and rewarding, adding an artistic flourish to your handiwork.
More Crochet Collections To Make Cute Handmade Items
- 15 Pineapple Crochet Patterns Using Puff And Lacy stitches: Try making these crochet pineapple patterns using different textures and techniques to create beautiful handmade items inspired by this delightful fruit. Whether adorned with a pineapple stitch or designed to resemble a pineapple, these crocheted pieces can bring a burst of summer or spring with their vibrant yellow and green colors. Decorating with them is a fantastic way to add some cheer!
- 20 Free Spiral Crochet Patterns: Explore these crochet spiral patterns to craft fabulous accessories, improve your crocheting skills, and add elegance to your creations. Whether you’re into experimenting with colors or love geometric-style crochet designs, this list provides a great opportunity for practice.
- Crochet C2C Star Blanket Pattern: Make a charming crochet granny square pocket to add a classic and functional touch to your clothes and accessories. Whether it’s a shirt, jeans, or bag, this pocket will make them extra appealing. Follow this easy tutorial to crochet a granny square pocket in lovely colors. It’s perfect for both beginners and experienced crocheters. You’ll enjoy using it to stash treats and essentials!
- Crochet Granny Square Pocket Tutorial: Creating a handmade crochet blanket is a wonderful project, especially during winter when you spend more time indoors. It’s cozy, warm, and can be quite stylish. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to crochet a quick, easy blanket featuring a cute big tapestry star using the Corner to Corner (C2C) technique. To add an adorable touch, soft pom poms in the corners of the star color are included. Imagine how delightful it looks in a self-striped yarn with a mix of white and peachy hues!