Do you want to learn how to crochet moss stitch as a beginner? Grab your hook, because I have brought this moss stitch tutorial with pictures and details about that stitch. With which name you know, it has a lovely texture that is easy to recreate for blankets, dishcloths, and much more. So, follow through with this guide!
Details About the Moss Stitch
Below are some necessary details about the crochet moss stitch:
Confusion With Names
There are many names for the moss stitch, like Linen, Granite & Woven stitch. Whatever you call it, they refer to the same stitch. So, you don’t need to think that there are still three more stitches to learn in the checklist.
Basic Techniques Needed
You will use the following crochet stitches:
- Chain (ch)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Working in chain spaces and creating them. These are the spaces of created in the previous row by skipping one stitch.
Moss stitch has a classic dense texture that looks the same on both sides and not raised. There are also little spaces that provide it the flexibility.
Type of pattern
Moss stitch uses the one-row repeat pattern of alternating single crochet stitches and chains.
Moss Stitch | Step-by-Step Instructions
Below are the step-by-step instructions for the crocheting moss stitch:
Skill Level: Beginner
- Make slip knot and chain in an even number like 14.
- Row 1: Make single crochet in the fourth 4th chain from the crochet hook.
- The skipped chains are actually for the (1 ch-sp, 1 turning chain and one skipped stitch).
- Now repeat, ch1, skip 1 stitch, and single crochet across the row.
- Row 2: Turn the work and make two turning chains.
- Single crochet in the first ch-1 space.
- Continue the pattern chain 1, skip 1 single crochet, single crochet in the next chain-1 space across the row.
- The last stitch will be a single crochet worked into the space between the chain-2 turning chain and the single crochet from the previous row.
- Row 3 to any row: Repeat row 3 until you get the desired height in the work.
I hope you liked this moss stitch tutorial!
Have learnt the stitch? Find the crochet moss stitch blanket patterns!