Thanksgiving crochet items will help you celebrate this occasion the whole year because they are durable. With these crochet Thanksgiving patterns, you can learn to make many of them, whether as foods, turkeys, or bunnies. So, as you prepare for this holiday, try one of these ideas following the pattern(though all are special!).
Crochet Thanksgiving Patterns
Thanksgiving is about spending happy moments with relatives by sharing anything and decorating. You can bring a smile on little to adult faces through any pattern when you prepare and give a loved-filled Thanksgiving crochet gift. Whether the amigurumi, wall decors, appliques, gnomes, or blankets, almost all ways will be available to bring a Thanksgiving vibe to your home. So, keep reading this, spend your Thanksgiving with more fun, and use it again for years.
What Are the best yarns for the crochet Thanksgiving?
For Amigurumi: Amigurumi are small, crocheted stuffed toys and animals. Choose a durable yarn that can handle plays and keep its shape well. Cotton yarn or acrylic in worsted weight is good.
For Wall Decor: For crocheted wall decor, you can choose cotton-acrylic blends, which tend to hold their shape and offer a range of textures and colors.
For Appliques: Appliques are small crocheted items to add detail or decoration. Lighter weight yarns, like fingering or sport weight, often work best for these.
Amigurumi Thanksgiving Bunnies
Crochet Amigurumi Thanksgiving Bunnies brighten up your holiday home and spread a warm, festive vibe. Their chubbiness and charm make them lovely companions for kids or an eye-catching festive centerpiece.
These bunnies are crocheted with love and attention to detail, incorporating autumn themes and shades. They follow a pattern that ensures their chubby structure and adorable features.
- A variety of yarns such as Michaels Loops & Threads Impeccable in different colors (Pumpkin, White Heather, Soft Rose)
- A size E-3.5 mm Crochet Hook
- A pair of black 9mm safety eyes and a hot glue gun
- Other supplies as specified in the original pattern.
Thanksgiving Mosaic Strip
A “Crochet Thanksgiving Mosaic Strip” brings the feel of joy and comfort right into your home. A blanket fashioned from this pattern adds a unique charm, inviting admiration and conversation and making your room cozy at the same time.
Creating a “Crochet Thanksgiving Mosaic Strip” is like a beautiful journey where you engage in an easy and delightful process. You weave this gorgeous strip using a 24-stitch repeat in a geometric pattern. Don’t worry if you haven’t tried it before — it offers a gratifying start-to-finish experience.
- Worsted yarn
- Hook H8 – 5.00mm
Thanksgiving Turkey Purse
A Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Purse is a fun accessory expressing Thanksgiving joy. Wear it on your Thanksgiving visits, or gift it to loved ones. Little kids especially will adore this playful item, which is ideal for celebrating Thanksgiving.
The process is simple. Create a magic circle with half double crochet (HDC). You’ll increase the size gradually, introducing an HDC decrease where needed. Details like turkey wings and drumsticks add to the fun. Remember to fill the purse with polyfill to give it a plump shape, mirroring a delicious turkey.
- Worsted weight yarn
- 5.5mm hook
A Crochet Turkey Wreath serves as a charming decoration, enhancing the warmth of November and the Thanksgiving holiday. It can spread autumn cheer by hanging on your front door or blending into the decor of indoor walls. Even as a stand-alone element, it can become a fascinating centerpiece, delighting everyone.
Creating this wreath involves using a handful of straightforward crochet methods – a magic ring technique, single crochet, and a few rounds of decreases and increases to shape the turkey’s head. With the addition of eyes and cute turkey feet made from chains and half double crochet, this project will begin taking the shape of a friendly turkey. It’s worth mentioning a good trick: attach pipe cleaners to the back of the feathers to keep them upright and perky.
- Size G Crochet Hook
- 10” wreath form
- Worsted weight yarn in Toffee, Scarlett, Mustard, Terracotta, Fern, and White
- Two small safety eyes
- Polyfil stuffing
- Tapestry needle
Thanksgiving Turkey & Chicken
Our cute Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey & Chicken make adorable additions to any festive dinner table. Their delightful presence can bring cheer and giggles, all without using a single spoken word. Their charm enchants kids and adults, making your particular family gathering memorable.
The process of creating these adorable creatures is an enjoyable one. Start from the top of the head, seamlessly moving down to their chubby bodies. Special care is needed for the beak, wattle, arms, and legs. A touch of fervor brings the tail and feathers to life. A turkey wears a festive sign around its neck, adding to its charm. A sleek white chicken is an excellent companion for the turkey; both win hearts at first sight.
- 4 Medium Weight Yarn in Colors: Turkey (Brown, Dark Brown, Yellow, Red, Orange, Brown), Chicken (White, Red, Yellow)
- 4mm Crochet Hook
- 6mm safety eyes
- Tapestry needle
- Card Board for Sign and Bottom
Tiny Thanksgiving Turkey Amigurumi
This cute, crochet Thanksgiving turkey is the star of any holiday spread. Need a showstopper for your festive table? This is the answer. Opt for this turkey over the green bean casserole for an impressive, long-lasting display!
The process to create this charming turkey is simple and delightful. You start with the body, then the limbs, and finally, the wings attached to the central part. Once put together, connect the turkey to a platter with some greenery for a complete display.
- Rust worsted weight yarn
- Off-white sock yarn
- Off-white worsted cotton yarn
- Royal blue sport yarn (optional)
- Artificial leaves
- Polyester fiberfill
- Tools: D crochet hook, B crochet hook, Yarn needle, Hot glue gun
Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
The Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome proudly symbolizes the spirit of the festive season, cozying up your home with warmth. It can be a captivating seasonal decoration that grabs your guest’s attention or a thoughtful handmade gift that spreads cheer and delivers sentiments during Thanksgiving.
To make this little gem, you will first crochet separate pieces like the cap, beard, body, nose, feathers, and Snood, each made from heart-shaped elements. Crafting does include a mix of double crochet, treble crochet, and slip stitches to create a unique texture. Once all the pieces are crocheted, you’ll stitch them together to shape a sweet gnome that proudly sports a turkey costume, making the holiday special.
- Medium weight four cotton yarn (black, white, brown, red, yellow, orange, beige)
- Crochet cotton thread 3 (Knit Picks Curio for the Snood in red color)
- Crochet hook 745 mm
- Crochet hook 1275 mm
- Yarn needle
- Sewing needle
- Matching sewing threads
Tutt Turkey Amigurumi
The Crochet Tutt Turkey Amigurumi is an amusing addition to your Thanksgiving decor, greeting you with a tiny dash of joy every time you look at it. Ideal for a cozy display on your mantel or as an enchanting gift, it adds a punch of personality to the holiday season.
To build this tiny bundle of happiness, you’ll start with a magic ring, growing with rounds of increases. A combination of simple stitches like single and double crochet shapes the body. Once the body, head, and eyes are complete, you stitch them together to form the whole figure. Add a pinch more charm with a cute stitched beak and inviting wings.
- Crochet Hook 3.0mm & 4.5mm
- DK Acrylic yarn in Dark Brown, Yellow, Brown, White and Red colors
- Polyester fiberfill
- 12mm Black Safety Eye (1 pair)
- Long Darning needle
- Water erasable fabric marker
- Blunt point tweezers for stuffing small parts
Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome
This delightful Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Gnome is perfect for jazzing up your holiday decor. It’s not just a decoration; it can guard your delicious Thanksgiving feast and kick off lots of fun conversations!
Making this gnome is a piece of cake for everyone who enjoys doing hands-on projects! It starts with a basic gnome shape, then spruced up with adorable turkey details like a tail feather and a snood. You can also switch up the outfit’s colors, skin tone, and beard to give your gnome a personal touch!
- Red Heart Super Saver Yarn in Coffee, Cafe Latte, White, Buff Skin Tone, Red, Carrot, and Gold
- 3.5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Elmers PVA Glue and Paint Brush (optional)
- Locking Stitch Markers
Thanksgiving Turkey Unicorn
Imagine a magical touch to your Thanksgiving festivities with an enchanting “Crochet Thanksgiving Turkey Unicorn.” Reinvent holiday decor by styling pillows, blankets, or festive displays with this mythical creature!
This fun project blends a turkey and a unicorn. Start with the heart-shaped unicorn, add turkey feathers, and inject the Thanksgiving spirit, transforming it into a fantastic holiday keepsake. A touch of fun fall-themed buttons brings a splash of the season.
- White, yellow, red, and orange worsted weight (4) yarn
- Light yellow and red lightweight (3) yarn
- Black lightweight (3) yarn or black embroidery floss
- Crochet hook size H8 (5 mm) and size 3.25 mm
- Decorative button embellishments
- Needle for weaving ends
More Collections For Crochet Patterns
- 16 Free Crochet Moon Patterns: Get creative with crocheting moon-themed items! Check out these crochet moon patterns for the moonlight inside for various soft and cute space-inspired creations—useful, cozy, and decorative! Express your love for the moon, a true Miracle of God, shining brightly above.
- 15 Free Crochet Spider Web Patterns: Learn to crochet spiderweb patterns with these helpful video tutorials. Capture the lacy texture of spiderwebs in different yarn creations that bring a spooky vibe. These durable crocheted spiderweb items can be used for decorations, cozy winter wraps, playful toys, or even light summer attire.
- 15 Crochet Pumpkin Patterns: Our fantastic crochet pumpkin patterns for thankgiving add a touch of fall to your home. Discover charming little pumpkins in this collection, perfect for decorations or as toys for small children.